Monday, 23 February 2015

Night Time Routine for Oily & Blemish Prone Skin


After a long, hard day with a full face of makeup nothing feels better than winding down and becoming make-up free and fresh faced. So today I'm going to share with you my night time makeup removing and moisturising routine.


I first start of by removing all my makeup with a cotton pad and Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. This is supposedly meant to be like Bioderma H20 but a cheaper version. It works for me as it removes makeup and dirt and mattifies. It can also be used over the whole face making the task of getting waterproof mascara off a little easier. Great for oily skin as it mattifies.


After removing all my makeup I then wash my face with The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser. I really love this product as it uses organic tea tree oil and has other natural properties which are great for removing oil, spots and redness. It comes out as foam and I use two pumps, massage it into the skin for a few minutes and rinse. This product is great for blemish prone skin and tea tree is known to fight those buggers off and is really inexpensive.


Every so often (about 3 times a week) I use this beauty of a product St Ives Apricot Scrub. I have been using this scrub for a good 5 years, it is amazing. It is oil free, contains salicylic acid which is amazing or fighting blackheads and spots and contains 100% natural exfoliants. It removes dead skin that may cause a build up of oil and thus spots and leaves your skin feeling silky soft. Great for oily and blemish prone skin as it removes dead skin and contains Salicylic acid.


After cleansing it's time to moisture. I use Eucerin DermoPurifyer Active Night Care. This product...ahhh. Where do I begin, I could rave on about it for hours. This product is made for oily and blemish prone skin, it is oil free and is just amazing at moisturising. It helps to reduce sebum on the skin over night leading to less breakouts. It's a brilliant product that is light and moisturises really well, it gets rid of redness and blemishes in about 4 weeks and leave your skin so so soft, reducing the appliance of blemishes and preventing new ones from forming. I use just a bit bigger than a pea size amount and massage it into my face. For best results I use this in conjunction with the day time cream: Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Hydrating Care. I cannot fault these products at all. 


I then finish by moisturising my eyes using Origins Eye Doctor. It simple moisturises the eye area preventing lines and wrinkles. It smells great and uses natural ingredients and can see results after a few days of using. I apply a small amount AM and PM dabbing it around the eye area. After brushing my teeth I then finish with some Burt's Bees Lip balm and head to bed. 

If you like leave a comment below letting me know your views on any of these products or what products you couldn't live without for your nighttime routine. 

Hope you all had a lovely weekend.

Until next time
x

2 comments:

  1. What a great routine! I love the body shops tea tree line. Im going to have to check out that cleansing water :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) me too they body shop have really good products for inexpensive prices

      Delete

Followers

Powered by Blogger.