Hi everyone! First of all sorry for not posting this week, I went out with some friends on Sunday night and on Monday felt rough as hell! From weds onwards I haven't been feeling too good and wasn't in the mood to blog. On a brighter note, I'm feeling better now and have a summer fun DIY for you! :D
For this tie dye top you will need: Dye (I used Dylon in French Lavender), salt, elastic bands, a white top (picked mine up from Primark) and a big bowl or bucket. Oh and some rubber gloves to prevent a colourful mess.
Next you choose your design, I went for a circular design. I've seen many tie dye tops with circle prints on the front/belly, I thought this would draw attention to the stomach so did the circular design on the side. It was also one of the easiest to do! There are a rang of other patterns which can be found HERE.
To do the circle design you simply grab the fabric where you want the first centre circle to be and tie an elastic band about an inch away from that. You then go down about and inch more and tie a band there. Make sure you tie the elastic bands really tight so prevent water getting underneath. It should look something like this:
Follow the instructions on your dye packet and put it in the dye. My instructions said stir continuously for 15 minutes, however, because we are not looking to dye the whole thing I only stirred for about 5 minutes. I then left it in there for 45 minutes.
Once the 45 minutes are up take out the top and place in a bucket of cold water for about 5-10 minutes
Take it out the bucket of cold water, take of the elastic bands and let it try on a clothes horse or something similar.
Once dry it is now ready to wear #swag.
Hope you enjoyed this post and it encourages you into making your own tie dye! It was fun to do.
What do you think of tie dye? What pattern will you use?
Holly
xxx


0 comments:
Post a Comment