Hi everyone! I know this is bit of a DIY post but I didn't think it was DIYish enough to be posted on my Wednesday DIY posts and because I have loads coming up! (hope your looking forwards to it). So about a year ago I saw this bikini in Asda and fell in love, however they only had sizes 36 B/C and above and I'm only 32 B but I brought it anyway because it was really cheap (about £6) and I really liked it. But because it was too big, I hardly wore it. So I was sorting through my bikinis for this summer and kept looking at it really wanting to pack it! It then came to me that I could perhaps 'up-cycle' it a bit to make it look not as big as it really is and it worked a treat! Woohoo!
To get to the final product I sewed the cups in place on the inside and trimmed them a bit. I used a strap to fasten the middle as its more faltering, to do this I just went around twice and tied a secure knot, then leaving me with one strap, which is still detachable. It is still a little big as I cant work magic, especially with my sewing machine left in Plymouth :/ but I'm definitely going to pack it this holiday as it fits a lot better than before.
Hope this has inspired you to DIY your bikini this summer! What do you think of the outcome?
Hope you are well,
Holly
xxx



looks very nice!
ReplyDeletePlease enter my first giveaway sponsored by Oasap!
Thank you! :) Ill go over and check it out x
DeleteI love it!!
ReplyDeletexx
Thank you x
DeleteI bet this will look lovely on you!
ReplyDeleteCorinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com
Thnaks x
Deleteaw wow thats so cute x
ReplyDeleteThanks, its a shame its a bit too big for me still! x
DeleteSo nice!! I love it!!!
ReplyDelete